The real estate tax collector for the Township, County of Erie and Iroquois School District is Joyce Spitznogle.
You may view your property information on Erie County’s website. It will give you information on whether you have applied for the homestead exemption and normally includes a drawing of your property, which may assist you when applying for a building permit.
The Tax Collector sells Erie County dog licenses and mechanical amusement permits.
Tax Collector office hours:
- Monday — 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m – closed for lunch – office reopens 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday — 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – closed for lunch – office reopens 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday – Closed
- Thursday — 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – closed for lunch – office reopens 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Friday – Closed
Local Income Tax
Lawrence Park’s individual income tax and Local Services (LST) tax is collected by Berkheimer Associates. If you do not receive the local earned income tax form in the mail, please contact Berkheimer’s office or downloaded from Berkheimer’s website. The Local Income Tax form is due every April 15th.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the millage?
- Lawrence Park Township – 5.75 mils for 2023
What are the taxes on my property?
- You may obtain your tax information from Erie County’s website or contact Joyce Spitznogle, Real Estate Tax Collector, at 814-899-2305. If you wish to calculate them yourself, you need to know your assessed valuation (found on your tax bill).
When are my taxes due?
County and Township Tax
- 4/30 – 2% discount
- 5/1 to 6/30 – face value
- 7/1 to 12/31 – 10% penalty added
School District Tax
- 8/31 – 2% discount
- 9/1 to 10/31 – face value
- 11/1 to 12/31 – 10% penalty
After 12/31 taxes are turned over to the Erie County Tax Claim Bureau for collection.
How can I get my property reassessed?
- File an application for reassessment with the Erie County Assessment Office by 8/31 of each year. Applications are available at the Assessment Office, Erie County Court House, 140 West 6 Street, Erie, PA 16511 or on the Erie County website.
What is the property tax/rent rebate?
- This is a State program for seniors 65 or older, or those who are disabled, within certain income limits. Forms are available from Rep. Patrick Harkins, 460 E 26th St, Erie, PA 16504, phone 814-459-1949.
Do I need a dog license?
- Erie County Dog Licenses are needed for dogs three months and older and may be obtained from the Tax Collector or Erie County.
- To apply for a dog license online please visit www.eriecountypa.gov
- To apply for a “lifetime” license you must go to the Erie County Courthouse.