The protection of individual privacy is a concern to Lawrence Park Township. The Township has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate its firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this site.
The purpose of Lawrence Park Township’s Web Site is to provide information about the Township’s government, services and attractions. The Township’s web site may provide links to Web sites outside the Township’s Web site that also serve this purpose. The Township is not responsible for and does not endorse the information on any linked Web site unless the Township’s Web site states otherwise. The following criteria will be used to decide whether to grant requests for Township Web site links. If a particular request does not fit any of the following criteria, the Board of Commissioners will decide whether to approve the request. The Board will approve the requested Web site link if it serves the general purpose of the Township’s Web site.
The Township’s Web site will provide links to Web sites for:
- Governmental and educational institutions
- Organizations with some relationship to the Township (including but not limited to: organizations contracting with the Township, organizations sponsoring Township activities or programs, and organizations participating in Township activities or programs).
- Generally recognized community organizations.
- Organizations providing information about art, cultural, and sporting activities in the Township’s area. Organizations providing information about tourist attractions in the Township’s area
The Township’s Web site will not provide links to Web sites for:
- Candidates for local, state or federal offices
- Political organizations or other organizations advocating a position on a local, state or federal issue
- Corporate or other for-profit organizations unless they fit any of the criteria stated above
- Individual or personal home pages
Information You Provide To Us
Lawrence Park Township does not keep any personal information about you or your visit to our Internet site unless you have specifically supplied it to us. For instance, you may have supplied us with information as part of a request for information or for purposes of registering or obtaining a permit online. Similarly you may have sent us an email or left us a message in some other electronic format. In cases where you have supplied us with information, including financial data, we will treat such information in accordance with the requirements of the Open Records Law. This means that it will be treated in the same way as written forms of communication, and in many instances it will be considered public information available to the public upon request. To the extent allowed by law, the Township will make reasonable attempts to protect personal financial information from disclosure.
Unless a copyright is indicated, information of the Lawrence Park Township web site is in the public domain and may be reproduced, published or otherwise used with Lawrence Park Township’s permission. We request only that Lawrence Park Township be cited as the source of the information and that any photo credits, graphics or byline be similarly credited to the photographer, author or Lawrence Park Township, as appropriate.
Lawrence Park Township has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the information provided on this web site. However, due to the possibility of unauthorized access to this site, data transmission errors, changes to source material made since the last update to the site, or other human or mechanical errors, the information contained in this web site should not be deemed reliable for legal purposes. Please contact the Township Office at 814-899-2305 to verify the accuracy of the information.
Other Information About Your Visit to Our Site
Like most Internet sites, our web site reads some information from your computer that helps us analyze traffic patterns, perform routine maintenance, maintain site security and to help you navigate through our site. Generally the information we collect is temporary and when you leave the site this information is deleted from our system. The only information the Township automatically collects and maintains is the following:
- total number of visitors to our site
- types of computer systems used to access our site
- web browser type and version
- date and time of access
- the web site you visited prior to coming to this web site
- information about possible system security threats
Occasionally the Township may have a survey on the web site that only allows a visitor to vote only once. In order to keep track of whether you have voted, a cookie (a simple text file) will be created and stored on your computer. This cookie is created on your computer by voting on the survey. It will not contain personally identifying information and will not compromise your privacy or security. The only information that is contained is the name of the survey and how you voted. This cookie will remain on your computer for the duration of the survey. The cookie has an expiration date. When that date occurs it will be deleted from your computer.