PennDOT Reminds Parents, Children to Follow Pedestrian Safety Guidelines During Halloween
As Halloween approaches, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) is urging parents and children to use extra caution while trick-or-treating.
Halloween is a fun time for families. Unfortunately, it can also be a dangerous time for pedestrians. Parents should talk with their children about safety guidelines and rules before heading out to trick-or-treat.
Halloween is on of the top days for pedestrian injuries and fatalities.
When out and about this season PennDOT recommends the following Halloween pedestrian safety tips:
- Always cross the street at a corner and look left, right, and left again.
- Obey traffic signals while crossing streets. Never try to beat the light.
- If there is no sidewalk, walk on the left hand side of the road-facing traffic.
- Never walk out between parked cars.
- Carry a flashlight and /or wear reflective tape.
- Lift masks while walking house to house and don’t cut across yards or driveways.
- Always trick-or-treat in groups.
The Township currently has vacancies to be filled
1. Planning Commission – 1 Vacancy serving through 2016
2. Tree Commission – 3 Vacancies
Use your time and talents and volunteer to serve in your community
Contact the Township office for details 814-899-2305